Terms & Conditions
Bon Vivant - Terms of Service
Welcome to the Bon Vivant website at bonvivant.smallteaser.com. These are the terms and conditions (Terms) that govern your use of this website (Site).
1. These Terms
These Terms apply to all publications run on the Small Teaser platform, regardless of your user device, including desktop, laptop, mobile web browser, digital television, mobile phones, automobile-based personal computers, handheld digital devices, and any other Mobile Device or technology whether now known or developed in the future. You will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms when you use, access or browse the Site, register your details with us or subscribe for online services.
For the purposes of these Terms: ‘Content’ includes all or part of any text, graphics, layout, logos, images, audio material, films or other moving images, product details and/or software published or otherwise available on the Site from time to time (including anything made available for download); ‘Material' includes all or part of any text, graphics, layout, logos, images, audio material, films or other moving images; and 'Trade Marks' means the trade marks, logos and service marks (whether or not registered) displayed on the Site.
2. Changes to these Terms
We may change these Terms from time to time. Please check regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Site. Your continued use of the Site after posting will be deemed acceptance of the changes.
3. About us and our Business
The Site is operated by Small Teaser. We are a company registered in Belgium with the company registration number 0555.983.115. Our registered office address is Brand Whitlocklaan 54, 1200 Brussel, Belgium. Our VAT number is BE0555983115. We are a digital publishing platform for shared creative output. We seek out the perspectives of innovators, instigators, inventors and icons in the hopes of sharing knowledge, adventures and philosophies.
Some areas and facilities of the Site are restricted to users who have registered their details with us. You must not use a false name or email or provide any false information nor impersonate another person when registering for use of the Site. If you have a password for registration, you shall not share or disclose it to any third party, nor allow any third party to use your password to gain access to the areas and services for registered users. We may refuse or remove or suspend your registration at any time.
5. Intellectual Property
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site and its Content. Subject to these Terms, we grant you a limited, temporary, revocable, and non-exclusive license to access, browse and use the Site in accordance with paragraph 6 below.
6. Access and use of the Site
You may use the Site for personal, non-commercial use only (other than to purchase a space for advertisement, for which separate terms and conditions apply). You may only download and print extracts of the Content for your own personal, non-commercial use.
You may not: (1) download or print any Content or extracts in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the Content from the Site; nor
(2) reproduce, republish, modify, archive, distribute, store or commercially exploit the Content without our prior written consent; nor
(3) modify or adapt or create derivative works of the Content; nor
(4) utilise links to this website received as part of a paid-for media monitoring service; nor
(5) systematically forward links to this website within a business or outside a business for business purposes; nor
(6) copy or extract data from this website by means of robots, spiders, crawlers or other automatic devices or by any manual process used to systematically extract or copy web content; nor
(7) copy, save or download any photographic images used on the Site; these are provided free of charge for your enjoyment in situ.
Any such use of this website or the content is prohibited without an appropriate license and permissions. If you wish to copy, syndicate or otherwise use any Content from this website, please contact us.
At all times when you are accessing, browsing or using or registering for use of the Site, you must do so lawfully and legitimately and without infringing or restricting anyone else’s rights or use and enjoyment of the Site. In particular, you must not use the Site in a manner or upload any material or link to any material which is false, fraudulent, inaccurate or misleading, obscene, offensive, defamatory, abusive or in breach of any third party rights (including intellectual property rights).
At any time without notice and in our absolute discretion, we may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend or deny your access to the Site. At any time without notice and in our absolute discretion, we may remove or edit any Content on the Site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, in both cases none of Small Teaser, its directors, employees or other representatives have any liability to you whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from such removal or editing or any restriction or hindrance to your use of the Site.
7. Submission of Material
If you submit material ('User Submissions') to us, you agree:
(1) to grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to use, copy, publish, republish, store, archive, adapt, edit, create derivative works from, exercise publicity in relation to such material in any manner;
(2) to any moral rights in the material submitted;
(3) that we may disclose your identity to any third party making any claim or assertion of any kind in relation to your material; and
(4) that we may monitor your use of the Site and any communications made via the Site.
(5) that the material is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights;
(6) that the material is not obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise in breach of or violates any applicable law or regulation or code.
Full details of the conditions of submitting Material are set out in our Contributor Terms
8. Data Protection and Privacy
9. Third Party Links
The Site may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for, nor do we endorse in any way such third party websites or their content. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Any contract for goods or services will be made directly between you and the relevant supplier. Separate terms and conditions will apply to each supplier. Please make sure that you have read the relevant supplier's terms and conditions before completing any transaction.
We have no contractual liability to you in respect of goods or services provided by the third party.
10. Advertising and Sponsorship
Parts of the Site contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are solely responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with all legal and regulatory requirements and does not contain any material which is objectionable including, without limit, information which is defamatory, obscene, threatening or untrue. We are not responsible for any such material or any error or inaccuracy contained in such material, although we will do our best to monitor its suitability and therefore may remove advertisements at any time and without specifying a reason or prior notice or any liability.
The Content of the Site or choice of our articles will never be influenced by advertisers or an affiliate. More information about conditions for advertising or sponsorship on the Site are contained in our Advertising Terms
11. Promotions, Competitions and Prize Draws
From time to time we may run competitions, prize draws and/or other promotions on the Site. Any such promotions will be subject to additional terms and conditions that will be made available at the relevant time.
12. Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
All information and/or data on the Site is provided on an 'as-is' basis. Save to the extent required by law, no representations, warranties or terms of any kind are made (or shall be implied by statute or otherwise) in respect of the Site or the Content, including, without limitation, warranties of satisfactory quality, conformity to contract, accuracy, adequacy, conformity to description or fitness for any particular purpose.
In particular, the information and/or data on the Site:
(1) does not constitute any form of advice; and
(2) does not constitute any inducement, invitation or recommendation relating to any of the products listed or referred to; and
(3) is not intended to be relied upon by you in making (or refraining to make) any specific purchasing, equipment, safety or other decisions; and
We take no liability for any opinions, whether directly or indirectly expressed, or implied, in the Site. We aim to improve education, promote knowledge and increase safety through responsible sharing of information on the Site, reflecting a range of informed viewpoints. You understand that when using the Site, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that Small Teaser or Bon Vivant is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Small Teaser or Bon Vivant with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold Small Teaser, its Owners/Operators, affiliates, publishers, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.
You accept total accountability for your own actions and opinions; and agree that Small Teaser nor Bon Vivant have any liability to you for use of the Internet, including but not limited to, the Content of our Site.
Neither Small Teaser nor any of its publishers, data providers or affiliates gives any warranty or guarantee relating to availability of the Site or that the Site and/or our operation of it, the Content or the server that makes the Site available are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of the Site and/or the Content will be uninterrupted.
You agree that Small Teaser, its directors, employees, publishers, agents or other representatives, data providers or affiliates will not be responsible or liable (whether in contract, tort or otherwise), under any circumstances for any amount or kind of loss or damage (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any anticipated loss of profit, loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of data, costs and fines and/or any special or incidental damages of any kind, including injury or death) that may result to you or a third party arising from or connected in any way to:
(1) interruption of business; or
(2) access or other delays, terminations, suspensions, denials or access interruptions to the Site; or
(3) data non-delivery, data misdelivery, data corruption, destruction of data or other modification of data; or
(4) third party website links on the Site; or
(5) reliance on the information contained on the Site; or
(6) computer viruses, system failures or malfunctions which may occur in connection with your use of the Site; or
(7) any inaccuracies, omissions, misleading, false or deceptive statements in the
(8) any external activity that may be described or referred to on the Site; or
(9) events beyond our reasonable control.
You will indemnify and will keep indemnified Small Teaser and its publishers, data providers and affiliates on demand against all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or liability whatsoever arising directly or indirectly as a result of:
(1) any breach of these Terms by you; or
(2) your fault, negligence or breach of statutory duty; or
(3) your use of software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure (whether owned by, leased or licensed to us) or that of any of our Suppliers.
Any contractual or legal relationship between you and Small Teaser will be concluded in English. All notices shall be given by email to us at contact details or, to you at the email address you provide during the registration process. Notice will be deemed received 24 hours after email is sent.
These Terms (together with any variations to them pursuant to section 2) form the entire agreement between the parties concerning your access to, browsing and/or use of the Site and supersede all prior agreements, arrangements, understandings and representations made between us (whether written or oral) concerning the Site. The license granted in section 4.2 above is personal to you and may not be assigned, transferred or sub-licensed (in whole or in part) without our prior written consent.
Nothing in these Terms is intended to or shall operate to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between us or to authorise either of us to act as agent for the other, and neither of us shall have authority to act in the name or on behalf of or otherwise to bind the other in any way (including but not limited to the making of any representation or warranty, the assumption of any obligation or liability and the exercise of any right or power).
If the whole or any part of any provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason the same shall to the extent required be severed from these Terms and rendered ineffective so far as is possible without modifying the remaining provisions of these Terms and shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions.
No waiver by Small Teaser of any breach of these Terms shall constitute a waiver of any other prior or subsequent breach and Small Teaser shall not be affected by any delay, failure or omission to enforce or express forbearance granted in respect of any of your obligations.
The rights and remedies of Small Teaser under these Terms are independent, cumulative and without prejudice to its rights under the law.
These Terms are not intended to create and shall not create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
These Terms and/or your use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute that may arise.
If you have any questions about these Terms please contact us
Last Updated: 19 October 2019